Corporate Governance, Fraud and Control: Setting the Strategy and Executing it Efficiently
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, businesses lose in excess of $1 trillion annually to fraudulent behavior. Explore the role of governance and its connection with risk, fraud and control.
Review fraud case studies, including suggestions on how to mitigate risks as well as identify fraud mitigation tools and ten keys for creating a fraud-savvy environment.
Formerly titled: Fraud, Governance and Control in a Corporate Setting: Avoiding Habitual Complacency.
- Corporate governance
- COSO internal control and ERM frameworks
- Relationship between risk, fraud and control
- Fraud: Primer, mitigation techniques and case studies
- Identify the meaning of governance.
- Recognize the relationship between risk, fraud and control.
- Recall the basic concepts of fraud.
- Determine two simple ways to mitigate fraud in your company.
- Identify who is really responsible for fraud prevention in your firm.
- Recall the COSO internal control and ERM frameworks.
- Identify ten keys to a fraud savvy environment.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.