Keep Your Clients on a SALT-Free Diet
Season your knowledge of SALT (state and local tax services) and learn about the many components of SALT in California and the U.S. Gain an in-depth understanding of California sales and use tax and other excise taxes that could be taxing to your business.
Dive into the various taxes and their application to California business; the concept of nexus; and an understanding of the one-off taxes that may affect everyday life. Gain insights to help your clients avoid unnecessary exposure and grow the bottom line.
Note: This course will not touch upon state income tax as other courses are specifically designed for such topics.
- Sales and Use Tax: multistate with emphasis on California
- Sales and Use Tax nexus
- California Partial Manufacturing Exemption
- Construction contractors
- Business licenses
- Excise taxes affecting multiple states
- Property tax overview
- Identify how California sales and use tax works.
- Recognize the basic concept of nexus.
- Identify opportunities to save money for your clients.
- Identify areas of interest and how to correctly apply tax to transactions.
CPAs, attorneys, tax practitioners and corporate finance personnel.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.