Business Writing Series: Highlights of Grammar and Punctuation
People judge intelligence, professionalism, and competence based on grammar and punctuation. Don't let simple errors undermine the messaging or hamper the opportunity to move ahead in an organization.
In this fast-paced webinar, learn the secrets to common grammar and punctuation issues, including singular-plural agreement, sentence structure, and dangling modifiers. Also, review correct usage of the comma, hyphen, apostrophe, and semicolon..
- Independent and dependent clauses in a sentence.
- Gender appropriate language.
- Errors in singular-plural agreement.
- Dangling modifiers.
- Identify independent and dependent clauses in a sentence.
- Use gender appropriate language.
- Correct errors in singular-plural agreement.
- Correct dangling modifiers.
- Correct errors in comma usage.
- Correct errors in use of the apostrophe, hyphen, and semicolon.
Young professionals, staff and managers.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.