Success Leaves Clues: Replacing the Annual Performance Appraisal Ritual
Most organizations and employees are dissatisfied with the performance appraisal process. So, it remains a curiosity why this methodology continues to exist. Consider standard and new ways to approach this process.
For those who are involved in the performance appraisals process, it is often realized that these reviews don’t drive careers; they are an incidental effect of other dynamic systems. In essence, appraisals are the paper-shuffling ritual that sanctifies decisions already made.
Formerly titled: Success Leaves Clues: Exploring Next Practices of Extraordinary Firms: Replacing the Annual Performance Appraisal Ritual
Examples of effective replacements to the annual performance appraisal:
- Peter Drucker’s Manager’s Letter
- After Action Reviews
- Key Predictive Indicators
- Identify why it’s a legal myth that performance appraisals protect you from litigation or in court.
- Determine why appraisals instinctively focuses on weaknesses, not strengths.
- Recognize why “annual” is far too long to evaluate and provide feedback to knowledge workers.
CPAs, human resources staff and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.