Government Auditing Standards
Professionals who audit government programs will likely use and comply with Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book). Review general standards and types of engagements covered by the Yellow Book.
Failure to perform and audit in conformance with these standards can damage a firm's reputation, and potentially render the costs of the audit as unallowable and result in a poor peer review.
- Status of the revised version of the Yellow Book
- Types of engagements covered by the Yellow Book
- General standards
- Fieldwork and reporting standards for the different types of engagements
- Recognize the current situation regarding the issuance of the revised Yellow Book.
- Identify the types of engagements covered by the Yellow Book.
- Identify the general standards.
- Identify the fieldwork and reporting standards for each type of engagement.
CPAs and government auditors.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.