Accounting and Auditing Update
This annual update covers activities of the Private Company Council (PCC), FASB trends and reviews SAS and SSARS.
Stay current on new standards related to financial accounting, compilation and review, and auditing. Learn about specific requirements of the standards and their potential impact on financial statements as well as what's in the pipeline regarding proposed standards. Discuss activities of the PCC and what's on the FASB agenda.
Note: SEC reporting requirements and public company audit requirements will not be covered.
- Review of select AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- Recent changes to revenue recognition, leasing and financial instruments
- Compilation and review standards and interpretations (SSARS)
- Auditing standards and interpretations (SAS & SSAE)
- Recognize the requirements and impact of all financial accounting standards recently issued or effective in 2017 and thereafter.
- Determine compilation and review standards issued during the past two years.
- Identify and gain an understanding of recently enacted or proposed auditing standards.
- Recall the activities of the Private Company Council (PCC).
CPAs, auditors and accountants.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.