Financial Statement Analysis
Financial professionals sometimes get wrapped up in the preparation process that forgetting to see the whole picture occurs. Learn how to assist businesses by uncovering and examining clues using financial statement analysis.
Review financial data from real organizations and practice calculating ratios, develop relationships and understand how the pieces all come together to tell the story of a business.
- What income statements bring to the table.
- What a statement of cash flows tells us about the management of an organization.
- Interrelationships of the numbers.
- Reading and understanding budget to actual reports.
- Tips and ideas to use in tracking the story of your organization.
- Identify what the balance sheet tells you about a company and why its categories are important in financial statement analysis.
- Determine a statement of cash flow's relationship to the other statements and understand its relationship to the big picture.
- Identify how to pull out major issues from an income statement.
- Determine how to better evaluate budget to actual reports.
- Identify what other information is key to understanding an organization's financial position.
CPAs and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.