Business Valuation: A Review Of The Essentials
Gain essential knowledge, skills and training to perform business valuations. Learn how such valuations relate to gift and estate tax planning, succession planning, buy-sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and general business planning.
Explore special business valuation applications, including GAAP's fair value, family law and dissolution valuations.
- Purposes for which a business interest may be valued.
- Define the interest to be valued: standard, premise and level of value.
- Approaches to valuing a business and when to use them.
- Valuation adjustments.
- GAAP fair value.
- California valuation issues.
- Revenue rulings, case law and standards related to business valuation.
- Identify business valuation steps and reasons for their order.
- Recognize key terms related to business valuation.
- Determine common errors made in valuing businesses and how to avoid them.
- Identify trends in business valuation, including how to apply the AICPA's business valuation standards to your practice.
CPAs and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.