Business Valuation: A Review Of The Essentials
Gain essential knowledge, skills and training to perform business valuations. Learn how such valuations relate to gift and estate tax planning, succession planning, buy-sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and general business planning.
Explore special business valuation applications, including GAAP's fair value, family law and dissolution valuations.
- Purposes for which a business interest may be valued.
- Define the interest to be valued: standard, premise and level of value.
- Approaches to valuing a business and when to use them.
- Valuation adjustments.
- GAAP fair value.
- California valuation issues.
- Revenue rulings, case law and standards related to business valuation.
- Identify business valuation steps and reasons for their order.
- Recognize key terms related to business valuation.
- Determine common errors made in valuing businesses and how to avoid them.
- Identify trends in business valuation, including how to apply the AICPA's business valuation standards to your practice.
CPAs and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.