Advising Clients Of Social Security Benefits
Prepare for client questions regarding Social Security, including advanced planning strategies. Develop a plan to maximize Social Security benefits. Increase value to clients and gain confidence to be proactive in helping clients make these very important decisions.
- Developing issues regarding Social Security
- Retirement versus disability
- Annual statement
- Benefits calculation
- Taking benefits early versus later
- Taxation of benefits
- Strategies for single individuals, survivors, and couples
- Spousal and survivors benefits
- Medicare benefits
- Windfall Elimination Provision and Government Pension Offset
- Recognize opportunities to increase Social Security benefits
- Use information in the annual statement
- Calculate taxable benefits and delayed retirement credits
- Advise clients regarding the earnings test
- Advise retiring clients concerning benefits
- Calculate and explain the effect of work for earnings not covered by Social Security (WEP & GPO)
- Anticipate and create opportunities to maximize benefits
- Advise clients when to file for Medicare
- Represent clients in Social Security matters
CPAs and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.