Angles, Crowd Funding and Centure Capitalists
Starting a business requires capital. Learn where to source the capital client's need, from seed investments to crowdfunding to expansion investing.
In this course, attendees will consider how to determine which funding option is the best fit. Gain the knowledge and tools to help clients make decisions regarding financing sources, prepare necessary financial statements and avoid common pitfalls.
Gain specific insights into what venture capitalists and angel investors do; how they view potential investments; what kinds of deals they want; and how they ultimately exit as investors. Discuss these topics in the context of the JOBS Act and the Dodd-Frank Act.
Additionally, explore how to expand the scope of service beyond tax, preparation, review and compilation by lending your financial expertise to investment firms that need assistance with due diligence projects.
Formerly titled: Guiding Clients in the Private Equity Capital Market
- Private equity market: yesterday and today
- What venture capitalists and angel investors look for
- Outside funding financial statements proposal
- Accounting standards affecting prospective financial statements, preparation, review and compilation
- Exit strategies and accounting implications
- Recognize the historical and current status of the private equity capital market, including venture capital and angel investing.
- Determine how to prepare financial proposal packages for funding that meet AICPA standards.
- Identify the pros and cons of venture capital, crowdfunding and angel investing in the context of the JOBS Act and the Dodd Frank Act
- Identify the changes to AICPA accounting standards that relate to prospective financial statements.
- Determine resources to help your clients find the capital they need to start and expand their businesses.
CPAs, CFOs, board members, controllers, financial advisers, bankers, attorneys and investment analysts.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.