Effective Workpaper Techniques: Building A Better Workpaper
Creating dynamic workpapers that reflect a high level of clarity, competence and compliance can be challenging. Learn to build a better workpaper that also showcases your individuality and excellence.
Gain a better understanding of the fundamental elements necessary to prepare, document and maximize the potential of each workpaper—particularly, in an attestation environment. Harness the advantages of software to power your workpapers.
- Leveraging Excel
- Effective workpapers: form, function, appearance and content
- Paperless concepts
- Workpapers for industry, audit and and to a less extent tax accountants
- Legal consequences of workpaper content
- Attestation standards documentation
- Peer review or PCAOB review documentation
- Determine software technologies to make your workpapers more effective and efficient.
- Recognize concepts that result in effective workpapers.
- Identify basic standardization techniques for better organization.
- Determine necessary skills and knowledge to determine appropriate workpaper content in accordance with professional standards.
- Recognize legal implications of workpapers.
- Identify how to improve your documentation for peer reviews and PCAOB reviews.
- Determine who gets a copy of my workpapers; should clients?
CPAs, accountants, financial professionals and emerging professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.