What Every CPA Should Know About Fraud
External auditors only detect 3-5% of all fraud incidences. Get pragmatic guidance on detecting fraud.
Discuss where fraud is most likely to occur. Learn how to conduct inquiries and direct the audit in the areas of greatest concern; those most likely to be abused by perpetrators.
- How is fraud detected?
- The role of external auditors in finding fraud
- Revenue recognition issues
- Corrupt management
- Data mining
- Physical and biometric controls
- Determine how is fraud detected.
- Recognize the impact of professional pronouncements on finding fraud.
- Identify the largest area of financial statement abuse.
- Identify fraud in business.
- Identify fraud prevention.
- Recognize auditor liability and auditor defenses.
- Identify recent litigation affecting accountant's liability.
Accountants, auditors and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.