Retirement Advising: Accumulation and Decumulation Strategies
Take an in-depth look at retirement needs models, their flaws, and ways to overcome the associated drawbacks. Review holistic retirement planning while reviewing threats to a successful retirement.
Those nearing retirement or in the early stages of retirement have some big questions to answer regarding how much is needed to retire comfortably. Discover the best way to draw down retirement assets and ensure that a client's nest egg does not get cooked too soon.
Attendees will look at the lessons from the leading retirement accumulation and decumulation approaches and how to incorporate them into an effective distribution plan that mirrors client goals.
- Downside of traditional retirement asset accumulation strategies.
- Threats to a successful retirement.
- Holistic retirement planning: how personal goals integrate with tax, estate, risk, and investment management principles.
- Matching investment assets with the appropriate retirement plan and distribution strategy.
- Determine how to make retirement planning an area of expertise in your practice.
- Identify traditional retirement planning assumptions, methods, and techniques.
- Identify how recent legislative changes and research findings are changing the pre- and post-retirement advice offered to clients.
- Recognize withdrawal techniques that can help extend the distribution period.
- Determine how to integrate a retirement plan distribution strategy with Social Security claiming strategy.
CPAs, financial advisers, attorneys and insurance professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.