Structuring IC-DISCs To Maximize Your Tax Benefits
The IC-DISC tax incentive for exporters of U.S.-manufactured products offers the opportunity to decrease federal income tax on a portion of exports by 20 percentage points.
As the number of IC-DISCs implemented has grown exponentially during the last ten years, now is the time to review the basics of creating an IC-DISC and explore case studies that show how different structuring opportunities can help an exporter maximize its IC-DISC benefit.
- IC-DISC: Overview; qualifications; structures for flow-through entities; and structures for LLCs, S and C corps, and cooperatives.
- IC-DISC structures benefits for engineers and architects.
- Tips and traps for taking the benefit on indirect exports.
- Solutions to typical structure problems.
- Determine how to qualify and implement a corporation as an IC-DISC, including determining qualified export property and calculating the commission.
- Identify structures to satisfy different business scenarios to maximize IC-DISC benefits.
CPAs, sole practitioners and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.