Replacing The Annual Performance Appraisal Ritual
Performance appraisals often leave companies and employees dissatisfied; the continuation of this methodology remains a mystery. Performance appraisals don't drive careers and are an incidental effect of other dynamic systems.
In essence, appraisals are the paper-shuffling ritual that sanctifies decisions already made. Learn why it's a legal myth that performance appraisals protect you from litigation; why appraisals instinctively focus on weaknesses, not strengths; why annually is too infrequent to evaluate and provide feedback to staff—and how the process can be improved and be more meaningful.
- Annual performance appraisal replacements
- Key predictive indicators
- Innovative compensation plans
- Implementing Peter Drucker's Orchestra
- Secrets of the "gifted boss"
- A better idea than classifying people as Gen X, Y or Z
- Identify how to conduct an After Action Review.
- Recognize the fundamentals of Peter Drucker's Manager's Letter.
- Identify why knowledge workers are different.
- Identify how to reward knowledge workers for the value they create, not the time they spend.
- Recognize how not to demotivate your workforce.
- Determine the real difference between efficiency and effectiveness.
Executives, directors, managers and supervisors.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.