Limited-Scope Audits of 401(k) Plans
Auditing 401(k) Plans focuses on "limited-scope" audits (soon to be known as ERISA Section 103(a)(3)(C) audits) which comprise over 80% of the audits filed with the Department of Labor. Take a hands-on approach to performing these engagements in a manner that complies with all professional requirements.
- Requirements to meet when the client selects the 'limited-scope' audit option
- Testing participant data
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide 'Employee Benefit Plans'
- AICPA SAS 13X Forming An Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements of Employee Benefit Plans Subject to ERISA
- Identify the requirements CPAs should follow when performing an audit of a 401(k) plan.
- Recognize the authoritative literature applicable to performing an audit of a 401(k) plan.
- Become familiar with the contents of the authoritative literature.
- Identify the trends in the profession and recognize the imminent changes to the professional landscape of performing audits of 401(k) plans.
CPAs who perform limited-scope (ERISA Section 103(a)(3)(C)) audits of 401(k) plans.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.