Leases: Is It A Lease? (Topic 842-10)
This course, first in a three-part series, concentrates on the new Topic 842-10, Leases: Overview. Leasing is a popular form of capital investment for corporations, including office space to equipment. ASC Topic 842-10, Leases: Overview, a major rewrite of the leasing topic.
The effective date for nonpublic entities is annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2019. However, early application is permitted. Help your clients and companies be prepared for adoption before it becomes a last-minute effort.
- FASB ASC 842-10, Leases: Overview
- All recently released updates to ASC 842-10, Leases: Overview
- Identify a lease
- Classify the lease from both the lessee and the lessor perspective
- Determine the lease term and commencement date
- Calculate initial direct costs
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.