Leases: Lessor & Effective Date And Transition (Topic 842-30)
This course, the final course in a three-course series, addresses leases from the perspective of a lessor and concentrates on Topic 842-30, Leases: Lessor. The course also covers transition for first-time adoption and disclosures for both lesser and lessor.
Leasing is a popular form of capital investment for corporations, including everything from office space to equipment. ASC Topic 842, Leases, is a major rewrite of the leasing topic.
This course assumes the knowledge of the first two courses in the series, Leases: Is It a Lease? and Leases: Lessee.
The effective date for nonpublic entities is annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2019. However, early application is permitted. Help your clients and companies be prepared for adoption before it becomes a last-minute effort.
- FASB ASC 842, Leases
- All recently released updates to ASC 842, Leases
- Recognize the lease at commencement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor.
- Calculate the subsequent measurement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor.
- Describe the presentation of the leases in the financial statements.
- Identify the effective date for public and nonpublic entities.
- Describe the transition requirements for both lessees and lessors.
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.