Revenue: The Five Steps (Topic 606-10)
This course, first in a three-course series, concentrates on the ASU 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers. Address the Five Steps approach as covered in ASU 606 10-25.
Publicly traded companies have now implemented ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers. All other entities are adopting in their fiscal years beginning after Dec. 15, 2018. Now is the time to ensure you understand the Topic in depth.
This course will help attendees understand ASC 606 by reviewing examples to best illustrate concepts of The Five Steps.
- FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- All recently released updates to ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Outline the the Five Steps for revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Identify the contract.
- Determine if the performance obligation is satisfied over time or at a point in time.
- Explain the concept of variable consideration and calculate the amount of variable consideration, if any.
- Allocate the transaction price to the performance obligations.
- Recognize revenue.
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.