Revenue: Special Implementation Guide (Topic 606-10-55)
This course, second in a three-course series, concentrates on the Special Implementation Gudie of ASU 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
Publicly traded companies have now implemented ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers. All other entities are adopting in their fiscal years beginning after Dec. 15, 2018. Now is the time to ensure you understand the Topic in depth.
This course will help attendees understand ASC 606 by reviewing both the Special Implementation Guide and its examples to best illustrate concepts.
- FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- All recently released updates to ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Outline several of the special issues addressed in ASC 606-10-55.
- Describe the different methods of measuring progress toward complete satisfaction of a performance obligation.
- Explain the accounting treatment of warranties where the customer has no option to purchase the warranty separately.
- Explain the underlying criteria in customer options for additional goods or services.
- Explain the accounting treatment for customers' unexercised rights.
- List the criteria for a license to be accounted for at a point in time or over time.
- Define a bill-and-hold arrangement.
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.