Financial Accounting Standards: Acquisitions, Asset Impairment & Restructuring
Gain insights that offer more than just a review of hot accounting topics and recent changes in areas such as private company accounting and other specialized subjects.
Refresh research skills and practice using codification. Case studies and real-life examples will help attendees readily apply information covered. This course meets the specific CPA accounting requirements that are required to meet for the re-issuance of their license.
Note: As this is an interactive workshop, course materials must be brought to class and a laptop is preferred.
- Long-lived asset impairment
- Goodwill impairment
- Intangible impairment
- Restructuring costs
- Identify recent changes to accounting standards in reporting and disclosure.
- Identify common reporting & disclosure deficiencies.
- Understand common valuation techniques for assessing impairment.
- Determine how to enhance internal accounting documentation.
CPAs, accountants and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.