OCBOA Case Studies
This course will explore compliance with the preparation, presentation, disclosure and reporting nuances of cash- and tax-basis financial statements. The AICPA FRF for SMEs will also be discussed.
Practitioners may want to use the Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA) financial statement presentations as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) increases in complexity and cost of compliance. Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of alternatives to GAAP financial statement presentations is key to proper choices for clients.
This course will explore compliance with the preparation, presentation, disclosure and reporting nuances of cash- and tax-basis financial statements. The AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF for SMEs) will be discussed. This course meets the specific OCBOA requirements that CPAs are required to meet for reissuance of their license.
- Income tax-basis financial statement presentations
- Cash and modified-cash financial statement presentations
- Innovative and EBITDA type reports
- OCBOA engagements
- AICPA Fianncial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities
- Recognize professional standards applicable for OCBOA presentations.
- Determine differences in disclosure and financial statement presentations for OCBOA and GAAP.
- Identify compilation, review and audit reporting requirements.
- Recognize AICPA Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities.
Accounting and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.