Critical Tax Procedural Issues for CPAs
Tax procedures account for a significant portion of internal revenue and revenue taxation codes. This course focuses on key tax procedure issues involved in tax compliance and representing taxpayers in tax controversy matters.
Tax procedures comprise a significant portion of the internal revenue and revenue and taxation codes – return due dates, statutes of limitations for IRS assessments of taxes and taxpayer claims for refund, as well as a variety of ‘relief’ provisions available to taxpayers for oversights and corrective. If the CPA tax preparer/adviser is unaware of or overlooks some provisions is may be too late to take action with regard to the matter.
This two-hour presentation focuses on key tax procedure issues involved in tax compliance and in representing taxpayers before the IRS and Franchise Tax Board in tax controversy matters.
• Key compliance procedures with regard to return preparation of original and amended returns
• Understanding key procedures with regard to IRS examination
• Understanding key relief provisions for oversight, errors and later discovered facts or information
• To alert tax preparers and advisers to critical procedural provisions that may benefit clients
• To inform tax preparers and representatives of tax procedure that may benefit a client in an avoiding, addressing or mitigating adverse return examination issues
• To enable tax preparers and adviser to identify and utilize key taxpayer ‘relief’ provisions in federal and California tax law
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.