Digital Currency Revolutions: How Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies are Changing Commerce Webcast
This groundbreaking course helps attendees understand why digital currencies matter and how best to advise clients.
A $100 investment in Bitcoins in 2010 would be worth over $75 million today. What is the reason for this unfathomable explosion in value? Daily, there is an average of over 300,000 unique Bitcoin transactions processed. Companies of all sizes now accept Bitcoins for payments. As auditors, tax preparers, and advisors to businesses and investors from all walks of life, it is our professional duty to understand the changes orchestrated by Bitcoins and their digital currency cousins.
- What is money and why cryptocurrencies matter
- What is the blockchain and how its use is changing how business verifies transactions and values
- How is cryptocurrency audited
- What are the IRS rules relating to Bitcoin
- Current update as to whether Bitcoin is moving towards money or will it remain viewed as property
- Bitcoin alternatives, ICOs and their future global footprint
- Identify what a blockchain currency is and what it isn’t.
- Recognize how the IRS taxes Bitcoin.
- Determine the current auditing best practices to Bitcoin.
- Identify what a digital wallet is, how to create one, and how to exchange Bitcoins to dollars.
- Understand the non-currency value of the Distributed Ledger Technology.
Accounting and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.