Advanced Excel Reporting?"Best Practices, Tools And Techniques
Learn how to use Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and Online Analytic Processing (OLAP) to connect Excel to external data sources, such as an accounting software database, to extract data for reporting and analysis.
Also, learn how to incorporate PivotTables into reporting routines, including how to add calculations to PivotTables, how to group PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods, and how to filter PivotTables using Slicers.
Discover best practices for presenting compelling and captivating Excel-based reports and charts, and how to use two Excel add-ins, BizNet’s Excel Business Information Suite and Microsoft’s Power Pivot, to streamline and automate many of the manual processes associated with building reports.
- Import data from external databases
- Tables and PivotTables
- Excel shortcuts for formatting financial reports
- Excel templates to improve reporting productivity
- Link and import data from external databases—including multi-table databases—into Excel.
- Use Tables and PivotTables to create accurate financial reports and analyses.
- List and apply Excel shortcuts for formatting financial reports.
- Implement Excel templates to improve reporting productivity.
- Identify opportunities to work with third-party tools to streamline reporting in Excel.
Accounting and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.