K2's Excel PivotTables For Accountants
PivotTables quickly analyze and report on large datasets. This course reviews group data (i.e. fiscal period), user-defined calculations, data consolidation, Power Query and Power Pivot functions and more.
PivotTables are widely considered the most powerful feature in Excel, yet most accounting and financial professionals do not use them in their day-to-day activities. Extend existing knowledge of PivotTables and learn how to build them which includes grouping data inside PivotTables. Also, learn advanced PivotTable techniques, including how to build PivotTables that consolidate data from multiple data ranges and PivotTables dynamically connected to external databases and financial accounting systems. Additionally, discover how to take advantage of other Excel features associated with PivotTables, including Slicers, Power Query, and Power Pivot.
This course is ideal for those who have been leery of working with PivotTables or have struggled to realize their many benefits. With a little information, guidance, and coaching from a K2 instructor walk away equipped with the knowledge to put PivotTables to work in analyzing and reporting on extensive datasets.
- PivotTable report
- Grouping techniques, modified Field Settings, user-defined calculations, and sorting and filtering options
- External data sources into PivotTable
- Consolidation PivotTables
- Power Pivot and Slicers
- Multiple PivotTables from a single data source, grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods
- Identify the six main elements of a PivotTable report and their use when creating PivotTables.
- Create PivotTables and manipulate data in PivotTables using grouping techniques, modified Field Settings, user-defined calculations and sorting and filtering options.
- Import and link data from external data sources into PivotTables; additionally, use Tables and Data Models as data sources for PivotTables.
- Create Consolidation PivotTables to consolidate data from multiple data sources in Excel.
- Construct PivotTables in enterprise-class organizations using Power Pivot and Slicers.
- Analyze data in PivotTables using tools and techniques, such as sorting, filtering, Excel’s GETPIVOTDATA function and PivotCharts.
- Apply specific PivotTable techniques to solve problems in areas of PivotTable formatting, creating multiple PivotTables from a single data source, grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods and keeping PivotTable row order intact.
Business and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.