K2's Excel Data Magic: Advanced PivotTables & Power Pivot
Move beyond manual Excel analysis and reporting. Automate processes to import, manipulate and calculate data, while creating powerful visualizations. Extend PivotTables with Power Query and Power Pivot.
In this program, learn how to use automated data queries to link data from external databases into Excel and then transform this data into Data Models. From there, understand how to use Power Pivot and CUBE formulas to streamline the process of summarizing and reporting this data. Also, learn how to take advantage of advanced features such as Data Analysis Expressions, Key Performance Indicators, Hierarchies, and Dimensions to streamline reporting processes. Further, learn how to create compelling visualizations of this summarized data to help readers understand the true meaning behind the numbers. If PivotTables are used on a regular basis, take advantage of the powerful advanced reporting features available in Excel by participating in this course.
Note: This program is an advanced-level course. Many of the concepts in this course depend upon access to Power Pivot, Power Query, and Power View, available only in the Windows-based premium editions of Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
- External data sources into Excel
- Data Models and build PivotTables
- Power Pivot, including PivotTables that summarize data from multiple data sources
- Data Analysis Expressions
- Key Performance Indicators, Dimensions, and Hierarchies to Power Pivot-based PivotTables
- Construct and manage links from external data sources into Excel for the automatic acquisition of data.
- Define, build, and manage Data Models and build PivotTables from these objects.
- Create PivotTables using Power Pivot, including PivotTables that summarize data from multiple data sources.
- Utilize Data Analysis Expressions and other tools to add calculations to PivotTables.
- Add features such as Key Performance Indicators, Dimensions, and Hierarchies to Power Pivot-based PivotTables.
- Create compelling visualizations of the data in your Power Pivot-based PivotTables using PivotCharts and Power View.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.