K2's Accessing and Cleaning Data with Excel, Power Query and Power BI
There are a wide range of ways to analyze data. One must first retrieve, scrub and organize data effectively before applying those techniques. Learn to use powerful tools like Power Query to solve and automate your data extraction and transformation processes.
Gain insights and utilize end-user data retrieval using tools like Microsoft Power Query as well as content packs for Microsoft Power BI to automatically reformat data from a wide variety of sources. Attendees will learn to use these powerful tools to solve and automate data extraction and transformation processes.
- Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power BI Content Packs
- Define the major components included in Microsoft Power Query and Power BI Content Packs.
- Explain how Power Query fits into the Microsoft self-service Business Intelligence ecosystem (Power Query, Power Map, Power Pivot, Power View, and Power BI).
- List the types of data sources which can be accessed using Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power BI Content Packs.
- Describe how Power Query transformations can be used to reformat, combine, and rearrange data retrieved from a wide range of sources.
- Explain how Power BI and the Excel Data Model provide ways to use this data to create effective reports.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.