K2's Extending The Power of Excel With Useful Add-Ins
There are many free or low-cost add-ins available to overcome the limitations of Excel. For example, the free Fuzzy Lookup add-in from Microsoft allows users to match inexact data. Ever try that with VLOOKUP? RiskAMP allows users to perform Monte Carlo simulations for capital budgeting; ActiveData provides users with the means to do sophisticated Benford Analysis and other CAATS techniques; and the Analysis ToolPak provides a full range of statistical analyses useful in budgeting and forecasting. This session will identify and demonstrate useful add-ins to improve Excel functionality and your productivity.
- Excel Add-ins
- Lookup add-in to match inexact data
- Benford Analysis
- Linear regression using the Analysis ToolPak
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Identify five useful add-ins to extend the power and functionality of Excel
- Use the Fuzzy Lookup add-in to match inexact data
- Explain Benford Analysis and why it is useful in fraud detection
- Perform linear regression using the Analysis ToolPak
- Describe the process of performing a Monte Carlo simulation on cash flow data
CPAs and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.