K2's Excel Tips Tricks And Techniques For Accountants
Learn many tips, tricks, and techniques to improve productivity, reduce the amount of time spent on mundane tasks, and customize Excel for greater accuracy and efficiency.
Since Excel is the accountant's tool of choice for analyzing and reporting financial data, the way everyday tasks are completed usually become time-consuming and are prone to errors. Regardless of a professional's level of experience, this course is necessary for professionals to learn more efficient and effective ways to work with Excel.
Also, learn valuable formula-building skills, best practices for linking Excel data from other worksheets and workbooks, and how to streamline report generation and printing processes.
Throughout the program, a K2 instructor will reinforce key learning points with practical, real-world examples that will improve one's understanding and comprehension of the topics presented. This highly acclaimed course draws on over twenty-five years of experience in delivering spreadsheet training to accounting and financial professionals, which assures the relevance and usefulness of the information and guidance provided during the program.
- Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special
- Formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting
- Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel’s Options to improve efficiency
- Formula building tools
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Excel-based reports
- Identify situations in which various Excel features can increase productivity and apply each of these techniques in context, such as Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special.
- Implement tools and techniques for formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting.
- Customize Excel’s user environment, including the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel’s Options to improve efficiency, and create and use Templates to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Utilize various formula building tools to create formulas more efficiently and create various types of formulas, including formulas, to manipulate text and dates, formulas containing VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions, formulas that contain conditional calculations, and formulas that contain circular references.
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks, update and manage links, and create sum-through formulas and rolling reports.
- Implement procedures for producing Excel-based reports, including adjusting print settings, using the Camera feature to create report forms, and working with Custom Views to automate print settings.
Accounting and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.