K2's Business Continuity?"Best Practices For Managing The Risks
Learn how to identify, understand, and develop strategies for mitigating critical business interruption risks.
Are you and your team members prepared for a business disruption? Natural disasters, technology glitches, human failures—including sabotage and terrorism—threaten businesses today. Attendees will learn how to develop and implement a business continuity plan (BCP) to help manage the risks associated with business interruptions. Learn how to manage key issues related to staffing and how virtualization can speed recovery times. Plus, learn how cloud-based storage, synchronization, and mirrored databases can help ensure that data and applications are always accessible. Most importantly, learn how to identify the organization’s risks and create an effective plan to address these contingencies.
Unfortunately, many companies learn about infrastructure weaknesses after experiencing a critical outage. Today’s technology-dependent organizations must have a plan for how they will operate when facilities, power, communications, or technology fail or become compromised.
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Disaster recovery plans
- Data backups
- Define the goals and activities involved in the creation of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and contrast a BCP with a data backup strategy.
- Identify and assess critical risks to a company’s operations.
- Classify identified risks into four timeframes for creating disaster recovery plans.
- Define three different types of data backups and explain the critical differences in how each is created and stored so that it can achieve its desired purpose.
CPAs, financial professionals and business professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.