State Ramifications of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act
California did not conform to the tax changes made by TCJA which means that the state return will have massive adjustments. This seminar will walk you through the status of conformity in California and several other states. We will review all of the provisions of TCJA with a focus on the state tax ramifications. The format will include case studies which highlight surprising results.
Formerly titled Conformity, California and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Review the Schedule CA and understand differences with federal law
Work through case studies to understand how different provisions affect taxpayers at different income levels.
Understand income/expense computations, phase-outs, depreciation (and related deductions) and credits.
- Learn about the status of conformity of the states to TCJA
- Understand the ramifications to your client of both state conformity and non-conformity
- Understand the process of making special elections on the California tax return
- Review the impact on basis computations of non-conformity
- Understand California AMT (not repealed for corporations)
- Review provisions to which California automatically conforms.
This seminar is for all tax return preparers who will be filing California tax returns.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.