International Tax Lunch: Foreign Owners Of Domestic Corporations And Preparing Form 5472
Foreign owners of domestic corporations and foreign corporations engaged in a U.S. trade or business may have to file Form 5472. Complex attribution rules mean that identifying the reporting requirements can be a difficult task. Learn how to identify when a Form 5472 is required, what types of attribution rules may apply and some of the major issues that need to be reported on Form 5472.
- Form 5472
- Attribution rules
- Engaged in a U.S. trade or business
- US owner of foreign corporation
- Identify the Form 5472 filing requirements.
- Recognize what attribution rules apply and common situations in which Form 5472 is required because of attribution rules.
- Apply attribution rule concepts to prepare Form 5472.
- Recognize when a foreign corporation is engaged in a U.S. trade or business.
Lawyers and CPAs.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.