Financial Planning For Healthcare
Health-related decisions are encountered in every life stage, Whether it is the decision to stay on a parent’s medical plan early in early adult life or choosing a long-term care facility near the end of life, making the right choices can have a major impact on personal happiness and financial success.
Acquire a better understanding of medical insurance options, including government exchanges, workplace plans and health savings accounts as well as Medicare and Medigap strategies. Although many clients do not realize it, their health is their greatest wealth. Managing the risk of a financially catastrophic illness requires a thoughtful analysis of personal, tax and financial factors.
- The interrelationship of health, happiness and financial well-being.
- Tax planning for health care costs.
- The failures and successes of the Affordable Care Act.
- Medical insurance terminology, alternatives, and strategies for selecting the best option.
- The pros and cons of health savings accounts.
- Traditional long-term care insurance, hybrid strategies, or self insure?
- Medicare Parts A, B, C and D and Medigap plans.
- Incapacity, elder law, Medicaid and choosing a long-term care facility.
- Hospice and palliative care.
- Understand medical insurance terminology and options.
- Recognize the need to plan in mid-life for end-of-life decisions.
- Identify the correct path through the Medicare and Medigap maze.
- Preserve wealth by making the right long-term care choices.
CPAs, attorneys, insurance agents and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.