How to Respond to an Upsetting or Critical Email
It’s happened to all of us. We open our inbox in a calm frame of mind and then, Pow! We read an email that sets our blood boiling. Whether the email is critical, insulting, or just plain upsetting, we are left shaken and tempted to bite back. Learn strategies for dealing with upsetting emails. Review the process of responding (or not responding) to the email as well as tips about managing our emotions so that we regain our cool quickly.
- Business communication
- Emotional intelligence
- Human resources
- Practice management
- Identify the core principles of responding to upsetting emails.
- Analyzing the writer of an upsetting email.
- Mastering a four-step process to responding appropriately to a critical email.
- Knowing when not to respond.
- Learning tools for mastering the feelings that an upsetting email evokes
CPAs, financial professionals and staff.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.