Nonprofit Accounting And Auditing Update
Stay current in the nonprofit world with this comprehensive discussion of recent changes and requirements for nonprofit accounting and auditing. Big changes are coming this year and the following years with revenue recognition and the new leasing standard.
Discuss common errors in nonprofit financial statements and audit issues unique to nonprofits, as well as the recently issued financial reporting changes to nonprofits.
- Recent changes to financial statement presentation for nonprofit organizations
- Recent changes in accounting standards: Accounting for contracts and grants, revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Audit issues
- Identify requirements for nonprofits under ASU 2016-14.
- Recognize financial statement presentation requirements for nonprofits.
- Learn about the new grant accounting guidance in ASU 2018-08.
- Plan for changes required by the new revenue recognition and lease accounting standards.
- Consider methodologies for cost allocation for the functional presentation and grant accounting needs.
- Identify accounting challenges for nonprofits.
- Identify audit issues unique to nonprofits.
CPAs, auditors, accountants and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.