K2's A Scary Ride Through The Dark Web
You have heard of the Dark Web, but have you experienced it? If not, buckle in for a scary ride through the underbelly of the Internet. Here many illicit and illegal activities occur every day, potentially affecting our personal and organizational security.
Experience, first-hand, the Dark Web and all that it entails—both positive and negative. Finally, understand why it is important to secure your information so that you do not become yet another victim of the Dark Web.
- Dark and deep web
- Secure connections
- Useful sites on the Dark Web
- Differentiate the Dark Web from the ordinary Internet and from the "Deep Web”
- Identify the steps necessary to securely connect to and navigate the Dark Web
- List examples of useful sites and uses of the Dark Web
- Provide illustrations of how the Dark Web is used to facilitate potentially illegal activities, including those such as selling hacked data and identity theft
Accounting, financial and business professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.