199A Deduction: Complete Review
In light of the final regulations issued in early 2019, review compliance and planning implications with respect to the section 199A deduction Plus, consider other recent guidance.
- Definition of qualified business income.
- Computation of deduction when T.I. is at or below the threshold.
- Computation of deduction when T.I. is above the threshold.
- Aggregation requirements and strategies.
- Why entity level aggregation is problematic.
- Notice 2019-07 on rental real estate enterprises.
- What is and is not a specified service trade or business.
- Strategies to wall off non-SSTBs from SSTBs.
- Understand the computation of QBI.
- Understand what T-B is a specified service trade or business.
- Determine when rental real estate is a T-B.
- Understand the new safe harbor for a rental real estate enterprise.
- Learn how to create a separate T-B.
- Understand the computation of the deduction.
- Learn how to maximize unadjusted basis immediately after (UBIA).
- Understand the special rules for partners and S shareholders.
- Understand the special considerations for trusts, estates, and beneficiaries.
- Learn reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Learn the latest rules for patrons of cooperatives.
CPAs and lawyers.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.