Introduction to Sustainability Accounting
Sustainability Accounting is now a recognized professional skill of increasing importance in larger organizations. It is the process of finding, measuring and managing the material metrics for sustainable performance and risk management. The goal is to bring these metrics into regular financial statements so leaders can act on them. This course teaches Sustainability Accounting basics with example from the restaurant industry. It is suitable for any professional or student who wants to learn fast about sustainability issues in specific industry sectors and how to integrate sustainability metrics into financial accounting and reporting.
- History of Sustainability Accounting
- Sustainability Metrics for Industry
- Published Sustainability Standards
- Roles of Accounting and Other Associations
- Integrating Sustainability into Financial Reporting
- Why Sustainability Accounting is increasingly important to large organizations and to investors
- Who are the leading organizations in SA and what are their roles
- What have accounting associations published about SA
- How to find sustainability metrics for specific industry sectors
- How to find technical and management solutions for specific industry sectors
- How to integrate with the financial reporting cycle
Public and management accountants, CFOs, sustainability and environmental managers.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.