Merchant Account Nightmares: The Shady World of Credit Card Processing Fees
Merchant services, like payment processing, are vital for businesses today. Whether you’re a brick and mortar business or you conduct most of your business on the world wide web, the ability to accept multiple forms of payment enables you to remain competitive in today’s global economy, as well as locally in your community. In-spite of being so vital, every merchant is probably a little unhappy about the fact that they have to go through the hassle and expense of setting up a merchant account just so their customers can use credit cards. Having to pay the credit card processing charges every time a customer uses a card makes it even worse.
?Deceptive statements, hidden fees, and broken promises are all too common in the world of credit card processing. The industry is notorious for taking advantage of merchants.
- Identify how much you are being overcharged on your processing fees.
- Identify whether you're being gouged or, more rarely, getting a square deal.
- Identify the hidden fees in credit card processing services.
- Various ways of saving dollars your credit card processing free
- Examine several common merchant account statements and show you where the excess fees are hiding
- Discuss the risks and pitfalls of going out to bid for your credit card processing business
- Highlight the proper approach to managing an efficient merchant account
CPAs, CEOs, CFOs controllers, finance directors and consultants
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.