Speaking For Impact
In this course, you'll learn why being able to do public speaking well is a major advantage in becoming successful in your career. You'll learn how to write a good talk, how to present it well, and how to use your new found ability to get more clients and/or a promotion. In addition, you'll learn how to overcome your nervousness, and how to overcome stress in less than a minute.
Overcoming the Common Obstacles to Public Speaking
- Fear of rejection/ failure and how to overcome
- From Unconscious Incompetence to Unconscious Competence
- Toastmasters and practicing by video
- Act “As If,”
- Do One Breath Technique to be more relaxed
Creating the Content of the Talk
- What are the concerns of your audience?
- Talks consist of a title, an introduction, an opening, a body of content, a conclusion and a closing
How to Deliver a Talk Effectively
- The clothes you wear and how you look matter
- Charisma = energy
- Smile and act enthusiastic
- Use self deprecating humor
Making the Talk Entertaining
- Vary the speed of your delivery
- The Power of stories
Memorization and Practice
- Key word system and note cards
- Practice thru video or get feedback through others
Creating Stories that Rock
- Know why pubic speaking is important
- Know how to write a speech that informs and entertains
- Know how to present a speech in a way that wows your audience
- Know how to use this ability to rapidly expand your career
This course is designed for all busniess professionals
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.