[WEB AM] Accounting & Auditing Updates for Nonprofits
4-HOURS VIRTUAL - HAWAII TIME
Nonprofit organizations have specialized reporting needs due to an inherent requirement for increased transparency. Layer that on top of unique accounting nuances, and any accounting professional can feel out of their element when working with nonprofit organizations! This half day course will cover various aspects of accounting and financial reporting for nonprofits. Geared towards accounting professionals working both within the nonprofit sector and advisors supporting the nonprofit industry.
* Accounting & auditing standards updates
Changes to fair value measurement
Other standards in the pipeline
* Review nonprofit financial management self-assessment tools
* Nonprofit financial sustainability check-up
* Working with boards of directors to ensure financial literacy exists at all levels within an organization
There will be ample opportunity for attendees to ask their "real life" questions throughout the day.
* Develop the ability to read and analyze the financial health of a non profit organization
* Acquire the knowledge to thoroughly utilize the financial reports of a non profit organization as both a management and marketing tool
* Identify threats to financial sustainability of a non profit organization
This session will be focused upon providing the nonprofit practitioner and nonprofit executive/financial personnel with guidance and valuable resources/tools to best ensure that they possess sufficient knowledge regarding the financial framework of their respective non profit organization. This session is considered to be at a beginner/intermediate level. There are no prerequisites and no preparation required for attending this session.
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by September 17, 2020.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by September 17, 2020.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.