Power BI - Share Your Data Analysis using PowerBI.com
* This course is #9 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button in Program Content section below to see suggested viewing order. *
What good is data analysis if you can't share it? This course will focus on using Microsoft's cloud-based sharing/publishing platform, PowerBI.com. You will learn the interface as well as the benefits of using PowerBI.com. You will learn how to use PowerBI.com to leverage the work performed in Power Pivot or Power BI Desktop.
Using PowerBI.com to create visuals is very similar to Power BI Desktop, so we will only review this feature. If you want detailed instructions on creating visualizations, please attend the Power BI Desktop course.
This class can be taken with no Excel or Power BI Desktop knowledge, but some concepts will be a repeat from those classes and will serve as a knowledge reinforcement for experienced users.
Many data analysts may create models in Power Pivot or Power BI Desktop, so we will spend time to learn how to share that data with PowerBI.com. This will ensure that everyone is looking at the same data, no matter the toolset. PowerBI.com adds the ability to create and share dashboards, so we will demonstrate how to create visualizations that can be turned into dashboards that allow users to customize their PowerBI.com with dashboards that are meaningful to them.
This session is presented using Excel 2019/Office 365. Regardless of the version you are using, most concepts covered in this course apply to all versions of Excel.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- A tour of the PowerBI.com interface
- Sharing data with Power Pivot and Power BI Desktop
- Creating visualizations and turning them into dashboards
- Sharing visualizations and dashboards with others
This course is #9 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.View Series Sequence
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify the components of the PowerBI.com interface
- Use PowerBI.com to connect data models
- Use PowerBI.com to create interactive visualizations and dashboards
Anyone who wants to learn how to analyze data
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.