Power BI - Prepare Your Data Efficiently for Excel Analysis
* This course is #2 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button in Program Content section below to see suggested viewing order. *
Before you can analyze data, you first must get the data. This course focuses on getting data into Excel using different data sources. Whether your data is text, comma delimited (CSV), reports, Excel, databases, web, applications and/or many others, Excel provides the ability to access that data.
You will learn about tools that have been added to Excel that will make accessing that data even easier, such as data models and Power Query (Get and Transform). After this class, you will finally be able to get the data you need to perform data analysis.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Getting data into the correct structure
- Data sources that you can access
- Working with multiple tables and data sources
- Steps to import data for analysis
- Introduction to Power Query and Get and Transform
This course is #2 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.View Series Sequence
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Differentiate between improper and proper data structure
- Select the best way to import data into Excel
- Identify ways to use Power Query to clean your data
Anyone who uses Excel to analyze data
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.