Section 199A: Review and Recent Developments
This program addresses the Section 199A deduction for flow-through entity income, including a review of the major provisions, forms reporting, and recent developments.
This course qualifies for PTIN credit.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- A deep-dive look at the Section 199A flow-through entities deduction
- Calculation of qualified business income
- Application to rental real estate - "safe harbor" rule and aggregation rules
- Self-rental rule for Section 199A compared to self-rental rule for passive activities
- Differing impact on the sole proprietorship, partnerships and S Corporations
- Forms reporting on Forms 8995 and 8995-A
- Section 199A flowchart
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize the deduction for income from flow-through entities using flowcharts and examples
- Identify the rules pertaining to Section 199A
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest tax developments impacting the flow-through entities deduction
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.