How Technology is Impacting the Accounting Profession
The course provides a concise overview of the leading technologies and economic forces reshaping the accounting profession and how accountants are using new digital business models to thrive in the face of rapid and seismic change. Discover how accountants-once largely enterprise passengers and navigators - are elevating their role using cyber tools and becoming pilots of global business. You'll walk away with a simple yet effective game plan to keep up with exploding digital transformation and translate technology ambitions into practical reality.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in the course include:
- Leading macro economic and technology forces
- Key technology trends in accounting
- New generation of online accounting services
- Accounting and automation
- Overarching implications
- How to embrace the new normal and thrive in the face of technology change
Upon completion of the course you will have learned how to:
- Examine the impact of SMAC (social, mobile, analytics and cloud computing) technologies on accountants
- Explore the major shift in accounting away from historical reporting and compliance functions towards more forward-thinking and value-added services
- Review a new generation of web-based accounting business models that are driving innovation and redefining the roles and revenue streams of practitioners
Accounting professionals at all levels who want to better understand how technology is driving change in the business world and accounting industry.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.