Smart Contracts for Accountants
This course provides a concise overview of smart contracts - computer code which automates the "if this happens then do that" part of traditional contracts. The code uses blockchain technology to execute and automate transactions (say, payments and the transfer of currency or other assets) when predefined conditions are met. While still evolving, smart contracts have the potential to automate many accounting functions, transform business processes, and accelerate receivable turnover time.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Smart contracts overview
- Technology pros and cons
- Implications for the accounting profession
- Case studies
- Leading vendors
- Lessons learned to date
- Key resources and communities online
- Starter strategy for accountants
- Discover smart contract fundamentals
- Learn about how the technology is disrupting many of the core functions of the accounting profession
- Understand the potential of smart contracts to help accountants boost their relevance, value, and revenue
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of smart contracts and how to start positioning themselves and their operations to take full advantage of the technology.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.