Money Laundering Awareness for Accountants
The course provides general information on how to identify money laundering activities during the conduct of normal tax audits. Discover key resources and tools available for effective detection and deterrence. Explore the impact of money laundering on ethical decision-making, and how examiners and auditors can assist criminal investigators in countering money laundering.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Money laundering overview
- Role of tax examiners and auditors
- Tax return examination
- Pre-audit indicators
- Audit flags
- Real estate issues
- Cash indicators
- International trade signals
- Loan considerations
- Professional service provider concerns
- Money laundering and ethics
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Raise awareness of tax examiners and tax auditors about money laundering and tax crimes
- How to identify possible suspicious transactions
- Review key indicators of criminal money
- Explain how money laundering impacts ethical decision-making
Practitioners who want to explore how to better detect illicit money, and combat corrupt acts in the world that revolve around money including drugs, human trafficking, terrorism and more.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.