IRS Internet Resources for Accountants
The course provides a concise overview of the Internet services offered by the Internal Revenue Service or IRS, the tax agency of the United States federal government. Discover scores of little-known but highly valuable IRS resources including electronic wizards, mobile apps, online payment systems, calculators and estimators, tax calendars, advocacy services, whistle-blower awards, social media, privacy guides, job opportunities, e-books, newsletters and much more. You'll walk away with a whole new appreciation for the IRS and a huge treasure trove of digital tools that can sharpen and accelerate your tax workflow.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- IRS.gov Overview:
- Hidden IRS Gems
- Forms and Publications
- Electronic Filing
- Payment Systems
- Refund Tracking
- Online Tools
- Online Estimators and Calculators
- Assistance Services
- Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions
- Foreign Account Tax Compliant Act
- Identity Protection and Tax Fraud Alerts
- Professional Development and Accreditation
- Tax Statistics
- Social Media
- IRS Jobs and Careers
- IRS Strategic Plan
- Third Party IRS Resources
- Highlight scores of IRS online resources and apps that can help accountants in every stage of their tax workflow
- Navigate the entire IRS website with more authority and confidence
- Improve how you research constantly changing IRS tax rules that are getting ever more complicated and specialized
Practitioners who want to increase their awareness of IRS online services and how they can be used to boost your competitive advantage in providing tax services.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.