IRS Internal Revenue Manual for Accountants
The course provides a concise overview of the IRS Internal Revenue Manual - the agency "bible." The publication identifies the key policies, procedures, instructions, and delegations of authority which guide the operation and administration of the Internal Revenue Service. The manual is used by IRS staff at all levels from revenue agents to appeals officers in their day-to-day workings.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- IRS organization and staffing
- Service-wide policies and authorities
- Resource guide for managers
- Managing statistics
- Research and analysis for tax administration
- Office of the Commissioner Internal Revenue
- Internal Management Documents System
- Statistics of Income
- Records and information management
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand the primary, official source of "instructions to staff" that relate to the administration and operation of the IRS.
- Discover how to use the manual as a resource to consult to ensure IRS employees are following their own official rules.
- Explore IRS insider content ranging from informational material to step-by-step procedures on a specific action.
Practitioners who want to increase their awareness of the structure, mission and responsibilities of the IRS and what regulations guide their operations and decisions.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.